Received intimidating letter from cell phone company renting antenna space on my roof.
(We are located in a major metropolitan area.)
I found your website while Googling about a letter which I recently received from a wireless carrier currently rooftop space on one of my buildings. I'm glad I found your website as I'm growing increasingly angry with this cell phone carrier and I am just about ready to throw them off of my building.
1. First of all, we signed a rooftop antenna lease with this company less than 2 years ago, so this is a relatively new site.
2. To the best of my knowledge, I have not read of any new innovations implemented in our state or have been notified there been any changes to upgrade the deployed infrastructure on our Premise by the carrier. Maybe I'm an old-timer, but it seems to me like a everybody has a cell phone and my roof helps their phone to work.
3. This company invested a considerable amount of time, money and resources to build the rooftop cellular tower antenna site and place their equipment there. Why all of a sudden the change in tone? Or was this their plan all along to build the cellular tower and then wait a year or two, and then push us around and try to overpower us into agreeing to inferior terms.
4. The whole process took just under a year. We spent several thousands of dollars on legal fees to have the lease reviewed, not including the time an energy we invested in the project from start to finish. To me, these are bait and switch tactics. I NEVER would sign a lease based on what is now being shoved down our throats.
Now, this well-known cell phone company has the gall to come back with this letter that they can't ensure that my site will be needed in the future unless I consider the new rental terms they are offering?! Do they have a clue about what they are doing or is this some form letter that they mail out to thousands of landlords and see who the "suckers" are who agree to their absurd terms?
We negotiated a 25 year lease, and now they are suggesting that if we do not agree to the three horrible offers they are putting in front of us, there is a chance that our site may be eliminated.
First of all, we never would have agreed to a lease based on what they are now offering since it completely reduces the potential revenue the rooftop can generate for us.
If push comes to shove I am considering contacting a friend at our Fox News affiliate and will have them exposed on television for these business practices. Furthermore I am going to look into how I can terminate the lease and have them remove their equipment from our roof. Their letter actually says they may look for "alternate sites and get letters of intent" from neighboring landlords. Are you kidding me? Is this Jimmy Hoffa running the cell phone tower industry?!
I know that I have by far, the tallest building anywhere in the area and we have 2 major highways within a 1/2 mile on either side. They are making a very big mistake. Good luck finding an alternate site. Take a look at the language in this letter that they had the nerve to send to me. Absolutely shameless and disgraceful.
I wonder how many others have received these types of solicitations.
Tower Genius is USA's Premier Cell Tower Lease Coaching and Consulting Firm. Find out how we help landlords and property owners in the USA maximize cell site lease values and get the best possible terms. Book a 30-minute discovery consulting call with Kevin or Steve Today.
Click Here To Schedule A 30-Minute Discovery Call.
- Cell tower lease agreements
- Selling Cell Tower Lease
- Tower lease extensions
- Cell site upgrades
- Small cell proposals
- Lease amendments
- Tower lease buyout offers
- Rooftop lease buyout offers
- Rooftop cell site audits
- Lease Agreement defaults
- Cell tower valuations
- Rent reduction solicitations
- Lease Optimization Help
- Lease Revenue Purchase
- Transactional Coaching
- Verizon Wireless
- T-Mobile - Sprint
- DISH Wireless
- US Cellular
- Crown Castle
- American Tower
- Atlas Tower
- Phoenix Tower PTI
- Vertical Bridge
- SBA Communications
- Tillman Infrastructure
- Lyle Company, Black Dot, Md7
- Everest Infrastructure