Rooftop Cell Tower Lease Review and Negotiation Experts
Do you have a rooftop cell tower lease that needs to be reviewed, negotiated or re-negotiated with Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Clearwire, AT&T , T-Mobile, Metro PCS, U.S. Cellular, Cricket, or with any other wireless carrier or cellular site management company? Here are 2 things that you need to take away from this site:
1. More Than 25% of Rooftop Cell Sites Are Not In Compliance with their leases.
2. There are changes in wireless technology that will impact cell tower rents primarily on urban rooftops in the next 5 to 10 years.
So what does this mean exactly? There is greater than a 1 in 4 chance that your rooftop cell site has an existing lease default that can be exploited on your behalf and the rent can be increased or business terms amended in your favor with the right help. This is why rooftop cell site landlords need a Telecom Lease Genius on their team.
Point number two... since some of the top Wall Street telecom industry analysts read our site blogs and occasionally hire us to pick our brains, we can tell you that it is our professional opinion that rooftop cell tower lease rents will start to come down dramatically in urban areas in the next 5 to 10 years, specifically by 2022 - 2027 due to technologies that are disruptive to rental payments. Will your rooftop cell tower lease and cell site become obsolete or be decommissioned as a result as of these technology changes? The answer is No and Yes.
Many mature rooftops in the big cities can easily see monthly rents of $4,000 to $7,000 by then and are already seeing those prices. The carriers are focusing on lowing their costs and saturating the areas where they are bleeding out financially to reach critical mass with technologies such as small cell and DAS networks deployed on low level rooftops, telephone poles, light poles and street signs, where they pay $100-$500 per month instead of $5,000 per month. Truth be told, every wireless coverage area is different, but the carriers who are utilizing small cell technology to work in conjunction with the existing macro sites , will deploy extra small cells to render very expensive sites obsolete or at least have enough leverage to hit the landlord with a 50% rent reduction. We see this trend unfolding in the next 5 to 10 years.
So there are a few options.
1. You can sit and do nothing and collect rent.
2. You can have a rooftop audit of your site and see if Tower Genius can obtain more rent for you for as long as possible.
3. You can agree to a rent reduction or rent guarantee offered by one of the bottom feeders of our industry so you can sleep better at night in the false hope that your cell site is safe.
4. You can get out of the burning theater before the rest of the patrons realize it is on fire and avoid the stampede and carnage. We estimate that there is a 3 to 4 year window (between 2017 and 2021) to safely sell your rooftop cell site lease to a third party investor or tower lease buyout firm before the rest of the herd wakes up. But by then it is going to be too late to sell at today's prices. To talk to Tower Genius about your rooftop leasing or rooftop exit strategy please call, 888-313-9750 and press option 2 and ask for Kevin.
Talk to a Rooftop Cell Tower Lease Genius
Tower Genius has over 40+ years of combined rooftop cellular antenna leasing and telecom development experience and literally helped to develop thousands of cell towers and rooftop wireless installations since the early 1990's. If you have questions regarding your existing rooftop carrier antenna lease or regarding a proposed lease, we can help:
Rooftop cellular phone tower lease negotiations
Rooftop cell site lease compliance analysis
Selling you rooftop cell site lease
Rooftop cellular lease buyout offers
Rooftop cellular phone tower lease review
Contract renewals on expiring rooftop cell tower agreements
Rooftop cell phone tower lease subletting issues
Rooftop cellular site leasing co-location matters
Dealing with “Lease Optimization / Rent Reduction” solicitations on rooftop carrier cell site leases
Building Owners, Talk To Tower Genius About Your Rooftop Cellular Antenna Lease.
Contact Tower Genius about your rooftop cell tower lease, even if your attorney has already reviewed your lease agreement. Chances are they were looking at our site trying to figure out what terms they should be focusing on in the lease, or that they missed a few items. The bottom line is that we are extremely familiar with the language and with the terms that the carrier's legal departments will accept, and with what they will not, because we have leased so many cell sites. We will review your cell phone tower lease on a contingency basis. You have almost NOTHING TO LOSE AND MUCH TO GAIN in the event we find things that your attorney overlooked.
Call a rooftop cell site leasing expert from Tower Genius today at 1-888-313-9750, from anywhere in the United States or Canada.